Before you dive into conclusion, I just want to make it clear that all breast sizes and shapes are perfect. However, people have been eager to know what are the common causes of breast sagging and how to preventing it. I am happy to share this information here on Dear Sonma.
7 Common Causes Of Breast Sagging
- Smoking: Skin sagging leads to breast sagging. Carcinogens found in cigarette causes elastin breakdown, elastin fibres supports skin elasticity and when the skin gets broken down by carcinogen this leads to breast sagging.
- Age: Ageing is inevitable and when ageing happens, menopause hits, then the whole body is affected. Hormonal changes during menopause can cause breast to sag as well as the ageing process which affects the elasticity of the body.
- Genetics: Some people come from the linage of sagging boobs, and it is hereditary to them, vice versa, nothing can be done about it.
- Exercise: Exercise if not done properly can cause more harm than good. Lack of proper support of the breast during exercise can weaken the breast ligaments and result in early breast sagging especially if your boobs are on the bigger side.
- Weight loss or gain: Gaining or losing a good deal of weight, especially quickly, can change the shape of your breasts and stretch or shrink the skin surrounding them.
- Gravity: ‘Anything that goes up must surely come down’, and that is the rule of gravity. Everyday gravity works against the boobs. Can’t fight gravity when it comes to boobs sagging.
- Pregnancies: Pregnancy does leave siginifican changes on the body. According to article by Elizabeth LaFleur, R.N on women’s health, ‘during pregnancy, the ligaments that support your breasts might stretch as your breasts get fuller and heavier. This stretching might contribute to sagging breasts after pregnancy — whether or not you breast-feed your baby. Sagging breasts might be more noticeable with each subsequent pregnancy.’
Breast Sagging Prevention Tips
Breast sagging prevention tips are combination of different things, but most may not be guaranteed and some may work for you but not others.
- Smoking cessation.
- Good posture is a must, avoid slouching.
- Keep hydrated, drink at least 2-3 litres of fluid in a day.
- Eat well balanced diet.
- Wear good support bra during exercise.
- Breast lift surgery does the magic
- Maintain a good health weight