Before you dive into conclusion, I just want to make it clear that all breast sizes and shapes are perfect. However, people have been eager to know what are the common causes of breast sagging and how to preventing it. I am happy to share this information here on Dear Sonma.
7 Common Causes Of Breast Sagging
- Smoking: Skin sagging leads to breast sagging. Carcinogens found in cigarette causes elastin breakdown, elastin fibres supports skin elasticity and when the skin gets broken down by carcinogen this leads to breast sagging.
- Age: Ageing is inevitable and when ageing happens, menopause hits, then the whole body is affected. Hormonal changes during menopause can cause breast to sag as well as the ageing process which affects the elasticity of the body.
- Genetics: Some people come from the linage of sagging boobs, and it is hereditary to them, vice versa, nothing can be done about it.
- Exercise: Exercise if not done properly can cause more harm than good. Lack of proper support of the breast during exercise can weaken the breast ligaments and result in early breast sagging especially if your boobs are on the bigger side.
- Weight loss or gain: Gaining or losing a good deal of weight, especially quickly, can change the shape of your breasts and stretch or shrink the skin surrounding them.
- Gravity: ‘Anything that goes up must surely come down’, and that is the rule of gravity. Everyday gravity works against the boobs. Can’t fight gravity when it comes to boobs sagging.
- Pregnancies: Pregnancy does leave siginifican changes on the body. According to article by Elizabeth LaFleur, R.N on women’s health, ‘during pregnancy, the ligaments that support your breasts might stretch as your breasts get fuller and heavier. This stretching might contribute to sagging breasts after pregnancy — whether or not you breast-feed your baby. Sagging breasts might be more noticeable with each subsequent pregnancy.’
Breast Sagging Prevention Tips
Breast sagging prevention tips are combination of different things, but most may not be guaranteed and some may work for you but not others.
- Smoking cessation.
- Good posture is a must, avoid slouching.
- Keep hydrated, drink at least 2-3 litres of fluid in a day.
- Eat well balanced diet.
- Wear good support bra during exercise.
- Breast lift surgery does the magic
- Maintain a good health weight
25 comments on “The Seven Common Causes Of Breast Sagging And Prevention Tips”
Nice piece. The one that really got my eyebrows raised was where you mentioned that “gravity works against breasts”. That was the first time I’m learning that. And this also goes to show that, people shouldn’t be too bothered about breasts sagging. It’s a natural phenomenon. It must happen, at one point or the other.
It seems I’m talking too much again. I need to learn how to type in few words.
Nice one…thanks for d info,I really learnt a lot.
Woooooooowwwwwww… I really enjoyed the write up… passed alot of Messages. Another cause of sagging breast Is Sunburn: Ultraviolet rays can damage the skin and cause loss of elasticity as well….
Nice write up Dear Sonma
Keep inspiring educating us with your article….
Wow! Thanks so much for this write up! I’ve learnt something today
Breast are to be pampared
Wow, never knew smoking can sag breast.. New day, new info… Thanks a lot for this and for those ladies that smoke should please quit for their safety..
Smoking affects the skin. Carcinogens found in cigarette causes elastin breakdown, elastin fibres supports skin elasticity and when the skin gets broken down by carcinogen this leads to breast sagging.
Keep the flag flying dear, you are blessed beyond measure, much love
Once I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any means you’ll be able to remove me from that service? Thanks!
I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state nice stuff. I will surely bookmark your site.
I really learnt a lot today kudos sonma😘
I dont care. Boobs are boobs,
I like the third point. You are a brilliant writer.
I want to see more topics like this on your blog
Your blog is gonna soar higher soon because of these good write-ups you have been putting out back to back
I like you …lol
You are good to go
I like this kind of topics. It is good for human anatomy and physiology.
Men experience sagging boobs as well but they are not obvious
I like the tips. Thank you.
Breast is breast. I like breast
Breast ligaments get weak and sag. We cant stop it.